Jose Mourinho is ready to walk to Old Trafford to help Manchester United march into the Champions League knockout stages.
After home clashes with Valencia and Juventus were delayed by traffic problems, United boss Mourinho is willing to don a hoodie once more to sneak through the crowds to Tuesday night’s group game against Switzerland’s Young Boys.

But Mourinho hopes hold-ups will be avoided this time after switching hotels to stay just a goal-kick away from the ground — in the Hilton Garden Inn at the Old Trafford cricket ground.

He said: “We decide to change hotel. We are not coming from the city centre.

“We are staying at a hotel a few metres away. Information is things much better than last time. If it is not better I walk.”

Victory over winless bottom side Young Boys would virtually put United through.

Valencia would need to beat group leaders Juventus in Italy and triumph at Old Trafford on December 12 to overhaul Mourinho’s men.

But Mourinho is anxious to escape the travel trauma of United’s two previous home Champions league ties this season.

UEFA fined United £13,203 after they arrived from the Lowry Hotel just 43 minutes before kick-off against Valencia on October 2.

Mourinho even admitted he was grateful to the referee for delaying kick-off by five minutes.

But he blamed United’s delay on a lack of a police escort for that delay.

Police chiefs, though, insisted United knew long ago they were no longer automatically providing such match-day escorts.

United then switched to the nearer Hilton Hotel for Juventus on October 23.

But once more United’s coach was held up — and Mourinho walked half a mile through busy streets to get to Old Trafford.

The team itself only arrived 50 minutes before kick-off.

Mourinho told BT Sport that night: “Yes, we change hotel which is just around the corner, the players are in bus for 45 minutes.

“I walked with a hoodie in the middle of the fans and nobody recognised me. I took two minutes.

And what I did in two minutes walking the players cannot do in 45 minutes on the bus.

“I informed the UEFA delegate about the situation because we don’t want to be punished again.”

This story originally appeared in The Sun.